Selecting The Right Childcare Facility
Selecting the right childcare can be a daunting task but an important one. We understand that you want to be certain you have made the best choice for your child. COA provides a warm, safe and fun environment that helps your child develop socially, emotionally, physically and intellectually.
Our teachers are passionate our programs are inventive and our approach is unwavering: to bring the very best childcare experience to every family. We know that parents today are balancing their careers and home-life and do not want to sacrifice what they want most for their children's future. So we provide an environment that is an extension of your family. A setting that compliments your home-life and eases the day-to-day stresses parents endure.
Ensuring the safety and security of all the children at COA is top-of-mind for our teachers and administrators. We care for life's most precious gifts and we take our job very seriously.
What Questions To Ask When Evaluating A Childcare Facility
When selecting a daycare facility ask the following questions so you can easily compare and make the best decision for your family.
- Are there security measures in place?
- Are the outside gates and perimeters locked?
- Is there an emergency plan and is it posted?
- Does the school contact you in case of emergency?
- Are hazardous materials locked away?
- Is there a policy on discipline?
- Do the children seem happy?
- Do the children seem occupied and engaged?
- Is there a lesson plan?
- Are the children involved in activities that promote learning?
- Does the staff seem patient and receptive to the children's needs?
- Does staff appear friendly and do they interact in a positive manner with children?
- What is the teacher-to-child ratio?
- Is there daily communication with parents about their child's progress?
- Does staff read to the children?
- Is the school clean clean?
- Are the toys used cleaned regularly?
- Is the infant room clean?
- Where do children nap, and how do you put babies down to sleep?